In order to keep up with the increasing demands of quality control from our Customers. IEG has developed our Quality Control over the years to ensure that all dimensions from Production are closely monitored and control to ensure all dimensions are within the tightest of tolerances.
- Quality Control Division has a whole arsenal of equipment for measurement in support of our Machining Capabilities.
- Vernier Calipers – Size Range from 0” to 25”
- OD Micrometers – Size Range from 0” to 12”
- ID Micrometers – Size Range from 2” to 40”
- Bore Gauges – Size Range from 2” to 8”
- Pitch Thread Diameter
- Groove Diameter and Width Gauges
- Mic Trac – Measurement Center – MT3000
- Mitutoyo Profile Projector
- Surface Roughness Tester
- Thread Gauges – Go/No-Go
- Faro Platinum Arm
- Faro Vantage Laser Tracker
1. Faro Platinum Arm
2. Faro Vantage Laser Tracker
IEG’s in-house quality technicians are more than capable and accredited with relevant certifications to meet stringent Oil & Gas welding tests to ensure only top quality welded parts are delivered out from IEG.
IEG’s Quality Welding Inspectors are accredited with AWS 3.1 while undergoing eye tests every six months to ensure any defects are well spotted.
Magnetic Particle Inspection
IEG’s Quality Welding Inspectors are accredited with ASNT Level II that are maintained and re-certified whenever needed. Our Magnetic Yokes and Sprays are always maintained and calibrated to ensure any cracks formed are easily detected.
Liquid Penetrant Inspection
IEG’s Quality Welding Inspectors are accredited with ASNT Level II that are maintained and re-certified whenever needed. Only approved sprays are used and proper storage to ensure sprays have not met their manufacturing expiry dates
Critical testing will be outsourced to Customer approved vendors who will provide non-bias and accurate measure of weldment usually meant for load bearing purposes.
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Radiographic Testing